Wednesday 27 June 2007

Kabuki

I have been a fan of David Mack's comic 'Kabuki' for quite a while now.

Though calling it a comic doesn't seem to fit, it's more of a 'reading experience' where the reader becomes entwined in the story by the way David interlaces words, images, to create a reading experience unlike anything I have read before.

So I urge you to check out his work especially Kabuki Vol5 : Metamorphosis, this is the book i really got hooked on.

Here's some fan art inspired by David Mack's 'Kabuki' characters:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Drawn by Thommy (see his blog in my links section) coloured by me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tigerlilly by me

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Snapdragon by me

Signing off!
Rob.

3 comments:

Thomas Mcloughlin said...

Rob you the man and deffinatly super fan, your book of kabuki art was great..

Unknown said...

That's some nice Kabuki art ya got there Hottie!

Robin said...

Thanks HEAPS Thommy!! I'm really glad ya liked it. I wish Mack would publish more regularly.

Cheers Mark, glad you digging it!