Wednesday 23 June 2010

Following your heroes - Imitation for inspiration


I'd been looking at a way to kickstart my drawing again as i've felt like i'd been slacking. It's not often that i try to draw like other artists that i really like but it struck me the other day what would my character 'Rally Mark' look like if i was able to ask another artist to draw him for me?

With this thought in mind (and little financial backing to pursue asking real artists to do their take on 'Rally Mark') i decided to have a go at other peoples styles myself. First up is the remarkable Dan Hipp (mrhipp.blogspot.com) of 'Amazing Joy Buzzards' & 'Gyakushu' fame.

Dan Hipp has been doing some rad drawings of late on his blog and amazingly can use the colour pink to make his drawings look really, really cool! Anyway here's my attempt at his style.

Cheers,
Rob

No comments: