A lot of images I create don't reach the internet mainly because I feel they are personal to the person they are created for, so here's a small glimpse into some of the works I create for the wonderful people in my life. Left to right from the top left here's the run down:
- Art Swap - http://www.loveyourwork.org/ - Run by Kalee Jackson this was my portrait entry into the artswap for 2016 based on the information given by the swap - next on is June/July this year - check it out!
- Anniversary - An slightly crazy but fun anniversary card for my wife.
- Birthday invite for my Zoe and Olivia, based on their suggestions of what should be included
- Rockin' dude - Unfortunately not coloured at the time of the birthday but sent and coloured recently i was really happy with how the 'flame hair' turned out on this.
- Kabuki - A cowgirl samurai idea based on David Mack's "Kabuki" is an inspirational set of graphic Novels (they are so cool i don't think calling them 'comic books' does them justice :)) Kabuki recently had it's 20th anniversary so it seemed like a good time to finally finish this piece.
- Gemini - For my sister Gillian - The idea that no matter what you're feeling life throws struggles at you and you will have to fight for what you want out of life.
- Kate - A starry bright image for for a bright and talented young lady.
- Dad - Based 1960's NZ motorbike racer Hugh Anderson and to encompass Dad's love of motorbike racing.
- Tom - Incorporating Tom's love of BMX for his birthday. Sometimes i like to include myself in the picture so note the Red Robin being bumped by his helmet :)
- Donna - A birthday card for our lovely playcentre friend Donna and my first attempt at a picture including Maori symbolism.
I hope you've enjoyed them and I look forward to sharing more in 2017.