Friday 23 September 2022

Do a Powerbomb - YEEHAH!

 Hi there!

I've been enjoying Daniel Warren Johnsons' larger than life wrestling comic "Do a Powerbomb"!  And with DWJ featuring fanart in the issues I had the inspiration to put (watercolour) pencils and inks to paper and whiz up this piece, this is the main character is Lona Steelrose.

It was a lot of fun and came out just as I wanted it too, i.e. not looking too much like coloured pencils and more like watercolour and am happy with the results, I've submitted it and have fingers crossed it may find its way into the comic, though we shall see :)

I hope you enjoy the progress shots, the DLPW (Death Lyfe Pro Wrestling) belt was a bit of work with the emblem design, though satisfying to complete!





Do a Powerbomb also reminds me of the awesome NZ artist Michel Mulipola's Headlocked, which you should check out too! https://www.bloodysamoan.com/

Cheers,

Robin

#DanielWarrenJohnson #DoaPowerbomb #ImageComics #BloodySamoan #MichelMulipola #HotRob #RobinHotter #FanArt

No comments: